Friday, January 10, 2014

Catching up after the Holidays!

Wow it has been so long since I've had a chance to post and so much has been going on. I'll start with my gallery show which took place in October. It was so much fun to get a chance to share my work other than printed in a book. I really wasn't prepared to hang my pieces. They are usually scanned and find their way stored in alphabetical order in my basement.Needless to say, my work was cut out for me!

It started with trying to find enough frames for at least 22 pieces…….




followed by the most tedious part of all, MATTING AND FRAMING! UGH! Felt like I was back in art school!

then laying them out all over my floor to get a great composition for the wall…..


Then the real fun began! With the help of my friend Christie, we packed up the SUV and headed to the gallery. Hammer and nails in hand-oh and a ladder too. Did I mention my friend and I are both 5ft tall??


 And the final result!





1 comment:

  1. A lot of work but I bet it felt good to see your work up on display. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete